Sunday, April 11, 2010

Return to Red

Thank you to all who voted and left comments on my Whitney Hair post. The reds have it. (How appropriate that I posted that poll on the Reds’ opening day!)

A few people (but certainly not 500) suggested strawberry blonde or shades of brown. I’ve done these colors. I was a strawberry blonde while I lived in Phoenix in 1998/99. In Fall of 99, I had a professional dye it dark brown after I used a box dye that turned my hair Ronald McDonald red.


No pics of the clown hair, I’m afraid. I refused to take off a baseball cap for two days until I got it “fixed.”

The strawberry blonde was an ok color, but I prefer a more vibrant red. The brown was just kind of “meh.”

I saw my stylist for a trim and color consultation on Friday night. I’ll be returning to red on May 18th.


And, yes, my hair will magically grow to this length, too.

13 comments:

Julia said...

Yay! I love the red on you. Perfect choice!

Zeynep said...

I really love the red on you. :)

Raquelita said...

Woot! Another fan of the red on you here!

Andy B. said...

Yay! :)

Sheila said...

How cool to see the other colours on you - thanks!

Looking forward to seeing your new 'do. I'm getting a radical cut this week - dyeing it tonight in preparation. Excitement!

tooblonde1 said...

yay! you are gorgeous as a redhead, its perfect for you and your lovely style!

Healthy and Homemade said...

Cant wait to see the hair! You look gorgeous as a red head =)

C said...

the strawberry blond is really cute! But maybe you were just young and happy in the picture? I did not vote for red (bye bye Sandy Duncan vibe), but I am sure the red will look fine.

Julia ♫ said...

nice returning! this color suits you alot!

greetings from Prague,
Julia

Kim said...

Yeeehaaaawwwww!!!

ReaderRita said...

I am so used to seeing pictures of you with bangs/fringe that when I looked at those 1998/1999 pictures, I thought they were someone else!!!
As a fellow hair color tinkerer, I can't wait for your red to come back! Also, since I know red fades like the sunset- do you know about L'Oreal Professional Colorist Collection Shampoos? They are color depositing, and have several different red tints to choose from. They boost the color between salon visits, which is really a financial/aesthetic help. Do a test patch, though. They make some people itchy. And if you use one, stay away from your shower curtain (if it's light colored) ...I have about 5 of these, which I alternate depending on the current color of my hair....

ReaderRita said...

Oh, Aveda has a color depositing shampoo also, but I personally was violently allergic to it, so I don't usually recommend it to anyone. But they've got one.
(I'd advise a test patch, or six- no offense, Aveda...)

Princess Cupcake said...

Yay I can't wait for your hair to be red again, I love the colour! Just wish I was a shade braver!