Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Peppercorn

Today, while cursing the very crunchy capers in my egg salad sandwich, I learned that pickled green peppercorns and capers are not the same thing. Oops.

Lace cardigan, Rodarte for Target. Dress, Ann Taylor Loft. Booties, Sigerson Morrison for Target. Jet beads, thrifted. Tassel necklace, borrowed from Tina. Belt, thrifted. Sunglasses, Girl Props. Bag, Franco Sarto.


If my booties were red, I’d be dressed like tri-colored peppercorns. But I wouldn’t swap these blue babies for red in a million years.



My favorite egg salad recipe:

1 hardboiled egg, chopped
1 T low-fat mayonnaise
1 t drained capers
1 t Dijon mustard
½ green onion, diced
Salt and pepper to taste

I just increase the dressing ingredients to account for the number of eggs I’ve boiled. I generally portion out the recipe so that I eat 1.5 eggs with each sandwich. Don’t substitute green peppercorns for the capers.

15 comments:

Molly said...

This is one hell of an epic ensemble. LOVE the gold pieces and the shoes...and the cardigan....really I just love the whole thing. Beautiful.

Julia ♫ said...

the shoes are so shiny and bright! love them! and also your glasses looks perdect! nice one.. again :)

wunderbar said...

LOVE LOVE your belt!

wunderb4r.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

Mmmm..I love egg salad sandwiches. Those booties are fab!

Hope you enjoyed that martini - I could have used one yesterday!

Megan G said...

Ooh the booties are so cute and so bright!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Another grown up with a love for a good egg salad. My friends make fun of me for my egg salad love!

Kim said...

My first (and last) experience with capers was at a fancy work function lunch - I thought they were peas. Almost five years later I still haven't lived that one down.
I love this outfit on you.

Fia Kilbourn said...

1. I love capers. That egg salad sounds yummy!

2. Great booties.

C said...

The fact that you're drinking a martini in these photos is nothing short of awesome. And now I really want egg salad!

Breezer said...

Fantastic outfit. I love the pop of blue!

Your egg salad sounds yummy. That was one of the things I got a random craving for when I was pregnant, and I'll tell ya, it doesn't sound half bad today either!

...bill said...

Yeah, so what's in the martini? Whatta drinkin'?

And again, those are kick ass shades. Now I'll think of them as "the martini glasses".

Kasmira said...

Dirty vodka martini with garlic-stuffed olives! My fave.

The Magpie's Daughter said...

I adore that black necklace *drools*

Tina said...

Are those garlic stuffed olives in our martini? I love those. Even better - jalapeno stuffed olives. mmmm.

Hey, I recognize that necklace! :) How tall are you? b/c I can't believe how much shorter necklaces are on me than on you. I noticed it when I wore your pearl necklace this week and now in this picture. I'm 5'6" with a very long torso. (and to be honest, most long necklaces don't hang very straight on me b/c the girls prevent that.)

Kasmira said...

Tina - YES - garlic stuffed olives. YUM!

I'm just under 5'5" but I have a very short torso. Oh, and a pretty flat chest, too. :)