Friday, April 16, 2010

The Stars at Night

I’m not sure why I let my star studded dress languish in the closet for so long. I somehow got the idea that it wasn’t flattering. But, as you can see by the number of pictures, I changed my mind.


Jacket, London Jean. Dress, vintage, thrifted, shortened, and embellished. Belt, Target. Pumps, Oh Deer! Bag, Franco Sarto. Scarf, Old Navy.



Oh, just in case you didn’t get enough of what I wore today…


As a special bonus (have you seen enough pictures yet?), I have a few outtakes for you. In the first, I’m irritated that Beefy is talking on the phone instead of taking my picture so I flash him. He snaps back.


Then, he continues to take pictures while he talks on the phone. I’ve had enough so I just act crazy until he stops.


Photos by Beefy Muchacho

14 comments:

CindyinSC said...

You're a hoot!

CincyNanny said...

you are so cute. i love following your blog and seeing your daily creativity. you inspire me to grab to items out of my closet and then make them work together. keep it up :)

Breezer said...

The last photo is my favorite. It's a great shot of the outfit, and your "outtake" face is adorable!

Unknown said...

I DO over-do my shots! I even hate it, but I have such a hard time deciding which one is O.K! AADD sucks! I try to make my blog interesting and get Detailed shots, thus the over-load! I so admire you blog style and will try to post less photos. Usually when I do this, it's an insecurity problem. Which seems like an enigma! Oh Well, always learning and hopefully growin' !

Franca said...

I love this outfit and the outtakes are brill!

aphness said...

I can't resist: "are big and bright, DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS" :)

Love this outfit!

Rhonda said...

I love this! Especially the jacket. How funny about flashing Beefy!

C said...

the star IS weird. I would be covering it with a brown magic marker...does it have little stars on the blouse tie ends too? It looks fine on you, but it seems to need a story like about how you were a Texas Rangerette and it was awarded to you at a luncheon or something. It is also making me think of cowboy boots.

Zeus' Mom said...

I love this outfit! You look great!

Linda said...

Did you see that you are in the New York Times Style section (patterns)? Maybe I am late to the party...

Kasmira said...

Linda - thanks for letting me know! I submitted a photo, but didn't know it had been featured! (And a special thanks to ...bill for letting me know about the call for photo submissions.)

Lorena said...

Sooo pretty, these pictures are perfect !
The color in the background, what you are wearing is super and the funny faces...

Londyn said...

I adore this dress and think it is super flattering. I'm glad you pulled it out of the closet!!

Tina said...

Your slip is brautiful. I've got so many of them, but I don't yet have a dark brown one. Note to self...find slip to dye brown.