Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Chic

I never thought I’d be “that chic chick.” It seemed I always had frizzy hair, smeared eyeliner, ragged cuticles, food-stained skirts, and chewed-up heels. I still spill food on myself on the regular and my shoes still bear the scars of Cincinnati’s sidewalks, but I seem to have the hair/makeup/nails thing down. The transformation is one part education (I work with stylists all day!) and one part transportation (I now have a car, so I’m far less exposed to the elements).


Dress, Talbot’s (thrifted). Belt, H&M. Shoes, Franco Sarto. Sunglasses, Target. Earrings, Claire’s. Bag, Imoshion.


I’m still a total goofball and spazzmatazz at heart, though, to include taking weird, faux-ballet pictures underneath Interstate 80 on a random Tuesday.

6 comments:

Alice said...

Love it! I super like your outfit especially the dress. Love the print and cut of it for it looks so classy.

hillary said...

I love it all. I feel the exact way you described. I'm always wrinkled smudges makeup hair is a mess.

Jillian said...

I agree, Alice, I love it too! Good for you! I appreciate your creativity and kooky ness!! Deliciously refreshing!

DressUpNotDown said...

The sunglasses photo is gorgeous! The ballerina photos made my day complete. :o)

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Lorena said...

Your "faux ballet" pics are awesome !!

SouthernGirl said...

Love that dress! Why don't you share some of your tips for nailing down perfect hair/nails/makeup with the rest of us who struggle with all three daily? I would love that! P.S. Love the hair..both the style & color