Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Down Here at the Dog Park

The play area of our dog park is barren, gritty sand. Add water from the doggie pools and plain old dog slobber and you get muddy paws, muddy muzzles, muddy toys, and muddy clothes. Anything I wear must be somewhat rugged and machine washable. I’ve worn casual dresses and skirts to the dog park, but these boyfriend shorts are my favorite. (The better for wiping my dirty, slobber-covered hands upon.)


Shirt, Forever 12. Shorts, Mavi (thrifted). Shoes, New Balance. Earrings, Cuffs. Sunglasses, Girlprops.


I found out the hard way that sandals are totally unsuitable for this park. Unless you like the feeling of grit between your foot and shoe.


I try to always match the frisbee to my accessories. Because dogs notice things like that.


Jasper was off wrasslin’ while Beefy took my picture, so I had to borrow Booie for the last pic.

2 comments:

DressUpNotDown said...

Did Jasper get a little rowdy in his playing? Those are some mean looking boo-boos on your leg there! Or perhaps did you get them sneaking over a fence for one of your awesome photo shoot locations? :o) Anyway, I bet you were the best looking dogmom at the park!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Kasmira said...

I got scratched up going cross country on our last hike . Looks nasty, huh?