Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Black is Back

If the beauty industry has a color, it is black. On-duty hair stylists, makeup artists, and fashion photographers are usually dressed in black. It must be rubbing off because I’ve begun to add more black to my own wardrobe. However, it has to have a special detail to pass my muster. I wouldn’t purchase a plain black shirt, but add a small geometric pattern, and it catches my eye. And while I’ve looked for a black, high-heel, oxford-style shoe (to replace this pair) for a few years, they all seemed too plain until I found an oxford with a peep toe and cut-outs.


Shirt, Forever 21. Dress, Prabal Gurung for Target. Shoes, Eileen Fisher (consignment). Sunglasses, Target. Necklace, Heart Boutique. Bag, Go Jane.



Besides the peer pressure and special details, I am also adding more black to my wardrobe because it so transformative. It adds emphasis or takes it away. It tones down bright colors. It adds formality to an outfit. I love how the black accents in this ensemble transform a summery dress to an autumn-appropriate, business casual outfit.


Summer and Fall stylings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice transformation to a fall outfit! And once again, a pair of shoes that I am envying!

I wear a lot of black because it's easier for me to figure out matching that way, but I'm really liking how you're using it as an accent to tie outfits together.

Inspired to try stepping outside my comfort zone a little more. :)

~J