Friday, November 22, 2013

Thrift Toast

Although my wool blazer makes an appearance in these photos, I flounced around today without it. The flannel shirt and heavy knit skirt kept me toasty while other pedestrians were bundled up in (no kidding) puffer jackets, beanies, and GLOVES!


Shirt, Eddie Bauer (thrifted). Skirt, Charlie and Robin (thrifted). Tights, gift. Boots, Sofft (consignment). Sunglasses, Target. Necklace, Stella & Dot. Bag, Charming Charlie. Blazer, J Crew.

Best of all, the warmest pieces are second-hand. Cozy AND environmentally responsible.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this when you wore it in Minneapolis; and I love it in Sacramento too! I thought it was a shade of green though... But it was the wall! Try it with a hot pink top too! It's just a fab woolly skirt ;))

-Bea Tibbles

Anonymous said...

I can say without hesitation I have never come close to finding something as awesome in a thrift store as that skirt.

DressUpNotDown said...

Wool is just my favorite...and cotton...and silk. :o) My best wardrobe pieces are the thrifted ones, but that doesn't surprise you a bit. You look amazing, stylish, and warm!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Move Me Brightly said...

Even though I am a native California, southern in particular, I still find it amusing when we don gloves, heavy wool, and puffy jackets for days in the 40's.
:)

bashashhazbaz said...

this is such a pretty outfit! that skirt is so feminine!