Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pro

I planned a more professional look than usual for some important meetings, today. However, the rain forced me to carry a silly umbrella, cover my sharp blazer with a waterproof layer, and replace my peeptoe oxfords with galoshes. Take all that practical nonsense away, and this is what my outfit would have looked like:


Blazer, Odds ‘N Evens. Dress, Richard Chai for Target. Tights, Madam Butterfly. Shoes, Eileen Fisher (consignment). Earrings, Cuffs. Necklace, Heart Boutique. Bag, Target.

And . . . this is how it looked with the rain gear:


Umbrella, gift. Jacket, H&M (thrifted). Galoshes, TJ Maxx.


I still looked like a pro, right? A pro at staying dry!

7 comments:

bashashhazbaz said...

cute outfit--those tights rock!

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

I do rather like the whimsical element of the galoshes :)

Lorena said...

You made it work, you always do - it's like magic.

maryeb said...

Great looking outfit, polished with just the right amount of pizazz. You look chic even in your rain gear.
I hope your meetings went well.

Mervat said...

Kasmira, I'm a long time follower and regularly check out your blog, but don't often comment. However, recently my 16 year old daughter told me how some celebrity made leopard prints and floral work...that it was new and pretty cool...my response: "Kasmira has been making that combo plus so many exquisite others work for years"...I think you'll have a new 16-year-old follower prrretty soon :) Best wishes to you, Mervat

DressUpNotDown said...

Thank you rain for the fun elements. :o)

Really though, your outfit looked Sharp!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Kasmira said...

Lol! I love watching fringe fashion become a mainstream trend! Thank you for the story!