Saturday, January 09, 2016

Less Watching, More Writing

After I finished my final 40 B4 40 item (my birthday party), I began six weeks of utter slothfulness. I kicked it off with a nasty cold that started an even nastier Gossip Girl addiction. I sniffled in bed, watching Netflix and slowly working my way through the glut of alcohol left over from the party. My dreams of working on my book during the holidays were discarded for marathon sleep sessions, hangovers, and more Gossip Girl. By the new year, though, I was ready to switch my screen time from watching to writing. I’m on a productivity roll and even made it to a writer’s group on Saturday. (Plus, I drank all the booze and refuse to buy more.)


Jacket, Obey (customized by my sister). Denim shirt, Levi’s (thrifted). Tunic, Forever 21. Sweater, Joseph A (thrifted). Leggings, Express. Boots, Style & Co (thrifted). Bag, Steve Madden.


Today’s 365 is my favorite of the television screens depicted in this mural. It’s no Gossip Girl, but it’s pretty cute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dog opens dog-proof container.
Made me think of you.

http://i.imgur.com/w37AmbA.gifv

Sheila said...

The owl's eyes are beautiful. What kind of book are you writing? Is it about fashion, or perhaps a fictional story of a pink-hair fashionista? :)

Kasmira said...

Sheila - it's a book about my 40 B4 40 project! So I guess it's sort of a story about a pink-haired fashionista. ;)

Anonymous said...

I think sometimes our bodies need a time of "slothfulness" to help them recover and be able to tackle new things. Can't wait to hear about progress on the book!

~J