Monday, January 11, 2016

Avocado

I remember the low-fat diet craze and the vilification of the avocado. There was no fruit more decadent and indulgent than the creamy avocado. It was a fat bomb to be avoided at all costs. Today, it’s still decadent and indulgent, but now championed as a healthy part of any meal. I like to eat an avocado a day, either sliced on toast or just scooped from the rind with a spoon. It’s a much better lunch than the Diet Coke and apple I’d eat in highschool. (Sometimes chased with a packet of Skittles.)


Jacket, INC (consignment). Scarf, Canvas boutique. Sweater, thrifted. Pants, Polo Ralph Lauren. Boots, Lauren Ralph Lauren. Sunglasses, Toms. Bag, Steve Madden.


3 comments:

Melissa said...

LOL at the "Diet Coke and Apple" lunch from high school---often my lunch of choice as well during that time. So ridiculous in so many ways!

Anna's Island Style said...

You're a girl after my own heart - I eat an avocado every day too!

Just wondering when you find the time to fit a photoshoot in every single day?

Love your blog x
Anna
Anna's Island Style

Kasmira said...

Anna Parkes - I've got the shoots down to 30 minutes tops. That's if I have to walk a ways from my car and encounter technical difficulties. On a good day, I'm done in 10 minutes. I've been practicing a while.;)