Friday, April 18, 2008

Glasses

Green and white dress, Ann Taylor. Yellow belt and enamel bracelets, Xhilaration. Green peeptoe platform pumps, Wet Seal. White beaded necklace, Body Central.



I have terrible vision. I’ve worn glasses since 5th grade. I didn’t have a pair I liked until I was 22, so I always chose contacts instead. I like this pair (5 or 6 years old), but rarely wear them because I can’t wear glasses when I teach aerobics (the headset gets in the way) and prefer not to wear them when I run. I’m trying to remember to wear them on days I don’t run or teach. Today, I walked.

My ears are totally crooked. One is higher than the other. I used to get so annoyed that my specs didn’t sit levelly on my face. I always blamed the glasses, thinking I had sat on them or otherwise bent them out of shape. It turns out that I’m the wonky one.

13 comments:

The Cocoa Goddess said...

i am a sucker for a peep-toe pump. what fabulous colors to celebrate spring (whenever it finally decides to show up)!

Auntie Tati said...

I have exactly the same problem with my ears! Fortunatelly I dont have to wear glasses, but I know the day is coming closer...

And thanks for the photographing tips, I really found them useful :)

Londyn said...

I like your glasses and have never seen you in them! Very cute and quirky!

Kelly said...

Your glasses are adorable! Where did you get them?

Anonymous said...

My ears are like that too! I wear glasses every day.
Cute dress!

Sheila said...

Very cute glasses. Did you hear the bad news about Ann Taylor's financial problems? Bad news for fashion fans.

Keris Stainton said...

I've got wonky ears too and I've worn glasses since I was six (I don't recognise myself without them now...).

Yours are gorgeous and they really suit you.

Oh and I've been lurking and loving the blog for a while now - thanks!

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

I am so happy to hear that other people have mismatched ears. On me, even the lobes don't match. I wear my glasses as infrequently as possible. They are very much like yours.
Love when you do yellow and green together!
Tessa

Kasmira said...

Kelly - I got them at the glasses shop at the Kadena Air Force Base in Okinawa, Japan. Not helpful, I know! :(

I looked at the arms to see if I could find a brand name, but whatever writing is there rubbed away long ago.

Anonymous said...

super cute outfit today! the belt is killer with the dress.

what's up with ann taylor? i haven't heard a thing! this girl will be upset if that particular store goes away!

Anonymous said...

my ears are crooked too. i always thought it was just me. when you buy a pair of glasses they can adjust the frames so they're level on your face. i bet you could take your glasses to a store and they'll do it for you.

Anonymous said...

When they make my glasses level, the either rub the top of one ear, or the side of my nose, chel. I've just had to get used to being lopsided. :(

Chris said...

I have the exact same problem. Drives me absolutely nuts. Mine are a similar shape to yours, but I have a black pair and a tortoise shell pair. Very sexy librarian looking like yours :)