Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Marion

Tuxedo shirt, Daytrip. Linen-blend vest, Old Navy. Linen-blend skirt, B Moss (thrifted). Peeptoe pumps, Mossimo. Earrings, Panagea.

You may disagree, but today’s outfit makes me feel like Marion Ravenwood from Raiders of the Lost Ark.



The red blouse reminds me of Marion’s harem pants in the Cairo scene. The vest looks very “new Marion” (this is a production photo from the latest Indiana Jones film). And the skirt and shoes have a vibe not unlike the skirted suit she wears in the final scene. I would have loved to have been married in the white dress she wears in the film; I ended up in something similar. I’m looking forward to the new movie. I plan on dressing up as suggested by Miss Cedar and I’m drinking tons of Dr. Pepper in an attempt to win the trip.

An alternate view of today’s outfit and detail of the earrings (so NOT Marion, but I love them):

6 comments:

The Fancier said...

You look adorable! And you have beauteous color hair.

Anonymous said...

khaki and red is so classic, you look great. the light trim on the skirt and the shoes is a nice match w/o being too matchy.

E said...

I hope you don't mind, but I mentioned your Tuesday Outfit post on my own blog. Let me know if you'd like to me take it down, though!

Anonymous said...

I think you look a lot better! Your makeup goes wonderfully with the outfit.

Anonymous said...

I like you even more now that I know you like Dr. Pepper!

Anonymous said...

How charming! Hooray for vests!

-Bekster