Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Miss Muffet

Black sweater, Moda Interational. Cream lace top, H&M (via swap). Buff slip (visible beneath top), thrifted. Black skirt with cream lace and ribbons, NY & Co. Black patent slingbacks, Audrey Brooke. Cameo earrings, thrifted. Faux pearl cuff, Forever 21. Patent headband, Claire’s.

I feel like a storybook character in this. Maybe I’m Miss Muffet? The ensemble is a bit overly sweet, but garnered multiple compliments, both at work and out and about Clifton this evening. I resisted adding any color with all my might, but gave in to just the slightest bit of coral in my cameo earrings.

11 comments:

Crickle said...

I love love love this!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice..but is that your bra that is visible under the sheen blouse? A white(this would show) or tan(and this wouldn't)cami would be a great addition, I think.....

Kasmira said...

Anon - no bra show. I'm wearing a full-length, buff-colored slip.

Anonymous said...

One of my FAVORITES!

Elisabeth said...

The skirt is gorgeous - this is one of the nicest outfits I've seen so far :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea for a me, i have to go at hen party, a bit formal!

Leah said...

I love the black and white and the lovely detailing. Beautiful outfit!

I also wanted to let you know that you've been tagged. Please see my blog for more details=)

Anonymous said...

cute for cocktails, a bit much for work. unless maybe a different blouse with some color to break up the hypnotizing effect of all that black & white. or maybe pop it with a bright shoe. something about it is very alice in wonderland meets nightmare before christmas.

April said...

Nice! I love black and white and really, only people with ivory skin tones can pull it off, imo.

I disagree about the above Alice in Wonderland/Nightmare before Christmas comment. It could very easily look "goth" if you had on really bad make up and black hair, but as things are, you look fabulous. Very Classy.

Anonymous said...

i think this outfit is great. sweet, yes. but, i love sweet! and you wear it well.(ignore the haters! they are probably 6'4, broad shouldered and drive a mac truck.)another outfit i must try to duplicate.--K

Anonymous said...

not loving the skirt. from the top up tho...super chic! i think the skirt is just an awkward length/fit. it looks almost too stiff. might just be the angle tho. but again, i love everything else, particularly the sweater!