Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sheer

Cropped jacket, No Boundaries. Sheer black tank, Mossimo. Black lace overlay cami (beneath sheer tank), Halogen. Floral skirt, A Byer. Sandals, Gianni Bini. Leaf buckle belt, H&M. Faux pearl cuff, Forever 21. Drop earrings, Xhilaration.

I kind of love sheer clothing. I’ll admit I used to go to the club in a transparent black cami over just a black bra, but my use of filmy garments is less trashy these days. I’ve got five or six gauzy blouses in varying colors and three unlined lace tops. I have so much fun with the layering possibilities. I add layers under or over or both to introduce more color and texture to an outfit. I’ve raved about this sheer black tank before and I still find it surprisingly versatile. This skirt is lined, but the first few inches above the hem are not and I love the way light shines through.



Thank you to A Beautiful Abode for featuring me and my home In The Trenches!

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the cropped jacket!

Alexandra said...

I'm really struggling with the sheer tops. I have a gorgeous black sheer blouse and I keep trying to wear it over camis...and somehow it's not working out at all.

You look great though!

Anonymous said...

Great Q & A on the blog, A Beautiful Abode. You provide me with tons of inspiration. Thanks!

cat said...

I love the colour combination. Gorgeous outfit! :)