Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Presto

Thanks to SORTA cutting bus service to my house by more than half, I arrived home from work only five minutes before I had to leave again. There was no time for pictures and really no time to change. I swapped my trousers for jeans and my heels for sneakers, jammed a hat on my head, and walked 1.5 miles to rehearsal.


Despite the quick change, I still managed to match my shoelaces to my necklace.

I’m afraid I had a terrible case of hat hair by the time I returned, so the hat stayed on for belated picture time.


Shrug, Express (swap). Shirt, J Crew. Pants, Forever 21. Shoes, Two Lips. Hat, Nine West. Bag, No Boundaries. Yellow tassel, Epcot Morocco. Arrowhead pendants, thrifted.

12 comments:

Diana said...

Those green sneakers are adorable! I find it amusing that your bus system is called SORTA :)

Ana said...

Super cute outfit!! I could definitely wear that to work. I've been avoiding ruffled shirts, but I think I'm convinced.

http://www.ToilTroubleStyle.com

Tina Z said...

I love the sneakers! What brand?

Kasmira said...

The sneakers are by Champion. I found them, nearly unworn, at the thrift store.

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic in that hat, lady! I'm glad you left it on, even though I know how traumatic had-head can be. ;)

Sheila said...

I love that outfit: the necklace and jacket are right up my alley!

Lorena said...

This is perfect !
I am loving both versions.... AND THAT TASSLE NECKLACE!

The Magpie's Daughter said...

I love the shirt! :D

Londyn said...

I would wear this entire outfit - very classy! Love the ruffle top!

tooblonde1 said...

Supercute outfit! I know you hate pants, but you look so great in them. The bonus of a quick change to casual is always a plus!

The Village Idiot said...

love how the yellow just adds that "pop"

Unknown said...

I love both outfits! I seem to have problems working all of my cute, colorful sneakers (btw I am pretty sure I have those same shos, but in orange and blue, lol) into cute outfits. I always feel weird putting them with dressier tops, but you totally made it work so I think I'll keep trying.