Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Start

It didn’t feel like a new year to me until I returned to the office. Now it’s time to put down the cookies, start training for my third Flying (Half) Pig, and implement my New Year’s resolutions.

Blouse, Bebe (I modified the neckline). Turtleneck, Mossimo. Skirt, Rafaella (thrifted). Tights, Apostrophe. Booties, Steve Madden Girl. Earrings, Ali’s Boutique. Hat (below), Epcot Germany.

I won’t bore you with my personal resolutions, but I’d like to share those that pertain to this blog.

1. Wear one non-traditional-retail item every day. I’d like to wear something from a thrift store, an independent boutique, a craft fair, etsy, an antique market, a friend, or a swap each day. I have no problem buying the stuff, but it doesn’t get worn enough.

2. Better manage my blog email. I can’t tell you how many emails I have squirreled away intending to respond personally or address via a Mail Bag post. I feel like a real jerk. So, if you ever sent me a question or just a compliment and I never answered, I’m sorry!

3. Consistently show detail photos in my posts. In a full-body photo, you can’t always see the ring or a subtle pattern or a bit of ruching. In 2010, I plan to take and post more up-close photos of the little details.

15 comments:

Diana said...

I love all the pattern and texture in this outfit.

I've actually got very similar resolutions for my blog. I'm really bad at e-mail correspondence, and I really want to take more detail shots as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the detail shots - I ALWAYS forget!

Those booties are fabulous, lady.

Raquelita said...

I really like your first blog resolution! I love to see other people's thrifting finds!

Angie (youlookfab.com) said...

Love your booties! Are they comfortable?

I think you do a superb job of detail shots, Kasmira. Keep it up!

Kasmira said...

Angie - the booties ARE comfie! I haven't had a problem yet...and I wore these for a full work day, a long walk around downtown, and a rehearsal.

Anonymous said...

Fun... love this one

Anonymous said...

the neckline is so lovely! you did a great job.

K said...

I'm totally with you on #3. I used to take more detail shots, but now I don't. And I don't have a good reason not to :)

Pnut said...

I am fairly certain the is the uniform skirt I wore in high school....

Runner Susan said...

Happy New Year and Happy Pig Training! you look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Love your funky style - and i love your hair cut.. :D

Faux Fuchsia said...

Dear Kasmira,
I just discovered your fabulous blog and wanted to say it's fantastic. As we say in Australia, "I'm loving it sick!". I hope it's ok with you, but I'm going to add you to my favourite blog reads on my blog. Kirstin x

Nishant said...

I'm with you on the detail shots - I ALWAYS forget!

Work from home India

kct said...

I really like your sexy skirt and you sexy patterned tights!!

Healthy and Homemade said...

LOVE the booties!!!!