Friday, January 01, 2010

Out With the Old

I rang in the New Year at Carnivolution. I was one of the squarest people there, despite my “costume.”


Mask, Cappel’s (self-customized). Dress, thifted. Tights, Urban Outfitters. Shoes, Nine West.


I had actually forgotten all about this dress. I ran across it while searching for another. It turned out to be the perfect match for the mask I had embellished the day before.


I added the feathers to the mask.

A lot has been said in the blogosphere about the shittiness of 2009. Personally, I wouldn’t qualify the year as “bad,” but it was a year of transition. It’s difficult to see the old go, but the new has so much potential. Bye, bye 2009. You can kiss me on the…

In fact, goodbye to the entire decade! It was definitely a wild ride.

As an extra treat, here I am on New Year’s Eve 2000 (with my friend Shawn). Little did I know what was to come!

13 comments:

Sheila said...

Happy New Year, honey! You look gorgeous!

You look so different all those years ago...still lovely!

Julia said...

I love your outfit and your old look from 2000. I actually really like the dark hair. Happy New Year!

April said...

I love your tights and party dress, and wow do you look different 10 years later! So crazy that ten years has passed.

Rosie Unknown said...

Happy New Year! I love the outfit!

Leslie said...

I love this dress. I used to have an all black version of this dress that I used to wear to play bass clarinet in concert band (it was actually in the 80's Haha....)

Happy New Year to you. I really enjoy coming by and seeing what you today. Leslie

Marley said...

Merciful heavens, that dress is FABULOUS. And you look awesome with the mask and all- perfect party look!! Happy 2010, Kasmira- hope it's wonderful :)

Judy said...

Was 2009 shitty for EVERYONE? I thought it was just me.....

Raquelita said...

You look amazing! 2009 was actually a really great year for me, although I understand that wasn't the case for a lot of people. Happy New Year and all the best for 2010!

Kari said...

Happy New Year, and what a funny glimpse back to 10 years ago. :)

I love your beautiful costume!

kct said...

All I can say is that you look SO SEXY in that dress and those tights!!! ;-) I bet your outfit was the 'hit-of-the-party'!

Sea Bird said...

I've been following your blog for about a month now, so it's about time I say hi. Hi! Love this outfit. Very cool.

Diana said...

That dress is fantastic! What an awesome way to ring in the New Year.

Tina said...

I am over the moon for those stocking. Ooh la la!