Thursday, April 21, 2011

Laila O Laila

Bollywood soundtracks are perhaps one of the odder things I listen to while running. I have a small collection of Bollywood compilations and my friend Colette burned me a few more songs. One of my favorites is Laila O Laila from the 1980 film Qurbani.

I’ve incorporated a few Indian-inspired elements in today’s outfit: gold bangles, printed peacock feathers, an ethnic necklace, and a tiger-striped cardigan.


Cardigan, New York & Co. Dress, Studio I. Belt, H&M. Peacock-print bracelets, Bead Factory. Golden bracelets, Epcot Morocco. Shoes, Bongo (thrifted and gifted). Bag, Mossimo. Coat (below), Bebe.




Photos by Beefy Muchacho

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those peacock bracelets are amazing! Love your blog & check it regularly.

Julia ♫ said...

oh, i love all the gold!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Love the red dress and the bracelets!! Beautiful colors!

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

I love the red dress paired with the red coat. That picture where you're wearing both reminds me so much of a Joan Halloway outfit in the best possible way.

Anonymous said...

Red and olive make such a fabulous combo!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those bangles! Love, love, love them. I have a big bangle collection but I've never seen anything that unique! Go you!

Megan G said...

I love how streamlined the red coat over the red dress looks.

My Heart Blogged said...

I really like all the jewelery with this. Your dress, and coat look fabulous together.
My Heart Blogged

Lorena said...

Every single item is fabulous.
I want to take it all... even the bollywood sound tracks !

Bhushavali said...

Love your red dress and belt!!!
Do visit my blog and follow if u like... :) I'm sure you will... :)
Fashion Panache

Cel said...

Those peacock feather bangles are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love, Love. Love the dress, belt and shoes :)