Monday, April 25, 2011

Buns and Bows

My hair is finally long enough to start wearing the messy* side bun again. At this length, it’s messier than ever as too-short strands revolt from bun-dom over the course of the day.


Skirt, I.N.C. (thrifted). Shirt, Merona (thrifted). Shoes, Mossimo. Earrings, Target. Cream bangle, Forever 21. Woven bangle, Garden of the Gods gift shop.

In other news, I thrifted this skirt on Good Friday. I was pleased to find that the self belt (featuring an adorable bow!) still accompanied the garment. Adorable bow belts aside, I wasn’t sure if I was going to purchase it until I discovered the skirt also had pockets…still sewn shut from the factory! The skirt might be second-hand, but these pockets are virgin. (And have I mentioned that the bow at the waist is a-dor-able?)



*I’ve received no end of youtube comments claiming my description of this bun as “messy” is deceptive. I suppose “messy” is a relative term. To a neat freak accustomed to ballet-tight buns, this is sloppy. To a teen in the habit of wearing pajama pants and flip flops out to dinner, it’s probably uptight.

16 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

This skirt is fantastic and I love that you paired it with the darker blouse rather than a more seasonal lighter color...it looks wonderful! Great job!

maryeb said...

That skirt is very pretty. I'm a sucker for floral prints. It looks like it will work well year round. What a great find.

However you describe it, that bun is cute. It's so nice to have the option of wearing your hair up.

Unknown said...

Great skirt!
Like it paired up with the dark green vs. bright springy go-to's!
I also LOVE a fresh pocket ;)
xXx
Reva

CJ said...

Your makeup is so fantastic!

Sarah said...

Love the pinks of the skirt and earrings and great how the olive shirt toughens the look up. What are your cats looking at?

Kasmira said...

CJ - wow, I think that's the first makeup compliment I've ever gotten! I'm a cosmetics dunce, but I'm trying to improve!

Sarah - Walter is looking at Sammy, who is rolling around the driveway in ecstasy.

My Heart Blogged said...

Your skirt is so pretty, that is an awesome thrift find.
My Heart Blogged

Salazar said...

Fantastic skirt, and I love how your earrings match the print!

Kat said...

That skirt is a total thrift FIND! Good one!

Kat

Anonymous said...

You look great with ur hair up like that. I, too, am growing mine out and can just now get all my layers up like that. Can you next time take a back pic to show the full effect?

Also, LOVE ur lipstick shade! What is it???

Kasmira said...

Anon - I'll take a shot from the back next time. I'm wearing Revlon Moon Drops lipstick in Hot Coral, with gold Benefit gloss on top.

Crystalyn Kae said...

damn, that skirt is fantastic! the vibrance of the pink is genius with the olive green top. virgin pockets, LOL!

Dave said...

I was all set to chime in and say that skirt was beautiful, but it looks like that's nearly all you're getting today. But I'll say it anyway. :) Lovely! There can never be enough floral prints in the world, I think.

Kim said...

Wait a hot minute - did I miss something? Youtube comments??

Kasmira said...

Kim - I have a "messy bun" tutorial on YouTube. It wasn't well received. :(

DaShannon said...

I can't believe you second guessed this skirt... Chic!