Saturday, April 09, 2011

Sweaty Saturday - 20 miles

Today’s run was the peak of my marathon training schedule: a 20 mile run.



I ran on a Saturday (instead of my usual Sunday) in order to join a few local teams for the long run. Thanks to our sponsors, we had porta-potties, water, and support along the route. Still, Beefy drove my own personal sag wagon and filled my water bottle every 6 miles. I wish he could accompany on the actual marathon.

I’m not gonna lie…the run was tough. I was tired from performing the night before in Annie Get Your Gun. The run started from Lunken Airport at the ungodly hour of 7 a.m. After 18 miles, I saw Beefy and told him that I didn’t know it was possible to run until you were actually sleepy. Still, I managed to move my leaden legs to the finish line and even perform a few half-hearted jumps.

Now I start to taper in preparation for the big race on May 1st.


Photos by Beefy Muchacho

12 comments:

lilmissmarch said...

wow! congrats to you! I bet 20 miles is rough! keep up the hard work! : )

Sea Bird said...

Oh wow, congrats! The most I've ever ran was a 5K. 20 miles is pretty intense.

Julia said...

I can barely walk up the stairs twice without getting light headed. Kudos to you!

Teodora said...

This is amazing. Congratulations! Is 20 miles your final goal?

Teodora
teodoraslookbook.com

Alison said...

Wow, you are amazing. I'm enjoying your progress. I just started exercising in December and cannot even fathom a marathon. But, what an accomplishment!

Kasmira said...

My final goal is 26.2 miles

Claudia said...

Awesome job!
You can definitely run until you get sleepy. On marathon day the crowds and your adrenaline will keep you going and there will be no sleepiness then.
Good luck on May 1st!

West Coast Boomer said...

YOu are incredible Congratulations. The smiles and look on your face of joy are marvelous.

Nancy said...

I was out Saturday too and I passed you in the park...you were looking good then (and going down hill!) :-)

...bill said...

awesome!

Rhea said...

Good job! I start training for a fall marathon soon -- I hope to qualify for Boston, finally!

What marathon will you be doing on May 1 and what's your bib number? Best of luck!

Kasmira said...

Rhea - I'm running in the Cincinnati Flying Pig. I don't know my bib number, yet!