Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kimberly

I seem to have channeled Kimberly of eat.sleep.wear. today with my glasses and topknot.


Sweater, H&M. Dress, London Times. Belt, thrifted. Bag, Vieta. Shoes, Mossimo. Earrings, Aldo. Bracelets, The Bead Factory and Claire's.


I wasn’t trying to be a biter. I wore my glasses because my eyes are irritated from long days wearing contacts. And I prefer my hair up when I wear this sweater. If I copied anyone, it was myself:


Same dress, different color. Hair up. Glasses. Looking away from the camera.



The glasses really aren’t practical for me, though. My eyes are so sensitive to light that I can’t help but squint uncomfortably in daylight. I don’t know how Kimberly does it.


Photos by Beefy Muchacho with the Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 35 mm 1:1.8G lens.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

you are the most creative blogger i know!!!
You continue to inspire me each and every day to re-work what i have instead of buying more & more :)
Hugs
Reva

Sheila said...

Great outfit - I love that sweater's shoulder details.

Jeannie said...

Cute!

Stradivarius said...

I love your outfit!.

And I love your topknot!. It's very pretty and elegant!. It’s perfect!.

To make your topknot, have you used a bun form or your
not-so-messy bun technique?.

Kasmira said...

Stradivarius - I used the bun form for the first time in a bun on top of my head.

Bonnie said...

The big difference with you is that your blog doesn't have those annoying "click here to read more..." links, and I'm so glad!

taffetaramblings said...

great post! you are rocking that top knot & clashing prints - ace look.xxx

Kasmira said...

Bonnie - I read her blog through Google Reader, so I was unaware that her posts are truncated.

My Own Fairytale said...

Very good combination!

XO Arezu

monica said...

You look so damn cute! I LOVE this outfit and must have that jacket! I need to learn how to fake some bangs so I can get my bun look going on.

BTW, thank you for the sheer dress tip. Forever21 has many. I'm getting one this weekend.

WendyB said...

I covet your top -- I'm a big fan of shoulder ruffles lately!

Eclectic Thrifty Chic said...

I ADORE the sweater!

Michelle said...

loving the stripes in this post and the one below!

The Tote Trove said...

Great sweater! Very sharp with the teal necktie dress underneath.

Leah Hollett said...

I'm wondering... If your eyes are bothered by your contacts AND you are light sensitive... do you suffer from a dry eye condition? You should try using artificial tears and see if that helps. If so, talk to an opthalmologist they may be able to plug your punta (tear ducts) for sustained relief from symptoms.