Monday, April 02, 2012

Cheaper Than the Dry Cleaners

I was taking the penultimate photo of my outfit this morning when I realized there was a spot on my vest*. So, I added a brooch (see last picture). It was easier than changing my clothes.


Vest, NY & Co. Shirt, Old Navy. Skirt, Leslie Faye (thrifted). Shoes, Mossimo. Bag, Fossil (gift). Bracelets, Target and gift. Earrings, Ali’s Boutique. Brooch, family heirloom.


I’ll probably be wearing a brooch in this spot the next time you see me wearing this vest, too. Because it’s way cheaper than taking it to the cleaners.


*Note to self: do NOT buy white, dry-clean-only garments.

13 comments:

Sherry from Alabama said...

Oh, the brooch is the perfect touch to your outfit! You know how the saying goes, when life hands you lemons (or spots)...

Sheila said...

I use this stuff called Folex - look around in your hardware or grocery store. It removes everything but hair dye and nail polish (and it's pet safe).

Love the vest with this!

EvaNadine said...

i have this same vest and i throw it in the washing machine all the time. :X

Anonymous said...

Nice use of a lovely brooch! Also nice use of the word 'penultimate'. :)

I have handwashed things that say dryclean and have had good luck, but I can understand not wanting to with something that cute and well fitting. I may have read somewhere (don't remember where) that if the word "only" is on the label you shoudln't wash, but if not, then it might be ok.

~J

Anonymous said...

What a cute outfit!! I love the skirt!

Sandy said...

Love the outfit and the brooch is so lovely. Agree, dry cleaning sucks. I try never to buy dry clean clothes.
BTW, you brighten my days!

Sandy

Kasmira said...

J - "penultimate" is one of my favorite words!

EvaNadine - I just may try the washing machine, then! I won't hold you responsible if I'm unhappy with the result. The vest is a bit bit, anyway.

My Own Fairytale said...

Beautiful skirt!

XO Arezu

Megan G said...

Love the vest! What's the fabric content on it? If it's something like cotton, you'd probably be safe machine washing (air dry probably).. however if you're really worried you could spray/use tide-to-go or other spot remover then scrub and dab with a wet washcloth.

Kasmira said...

I'm not sure of the fabric content, but I will investigate!

Lola said...

I, too, sing the praises of Folex.

Anonymous said...

Then it's a chorus-I love FOLEX too

The Tote Trove said...

Great (and cute!) quick fix. I hate dry cleaning too. Not only is it expensive, it's stinky.