Monday, April 23, 2012

Spring Plaid

Today was forecast to be cool and windy, so I turned to a fall/winter staple: a long, wool, tartan skirt. I attempted to lighten the look of the serious skirt with a bright green blouse and bare ankles. I don’t think I quite succeeded in making the plaid seem spring-like, but I enjoyed the effort (and my legs enjoyed the warmth!)


Cardigan, Moda International. Blouse, Forever 21. Skirt, Hauber Sporting Life (thrifted). Shoes, Lela Rose for Payless. Cuff, Pangaea. Bag, Vieta.


How would you style a skirt like this for spring? Would you even try?

I think I’ll retire this skirt until the fall. I’ve gotten good wear out of it the past seven months:


I can’t wait to pair this skirt with my plaid sleeveless blouse in Sept!

5 comments:

Lola said...

I'd go with a slim white tank and some cool short cowboy boots, hair in a pony with some MAJOR earrings and call that Spring.

C Lo said...

I think it could be a bit maxi-dress-esque with a tank and sandals.....at least in photos. ;)

Megan G said...

I don't know that I'd call it springy, but it looks gorgeous regardless. that's an incredible plaid skirt. I love the shape and length.

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

That skirt is so gorgeous and memorable, I've never seen anything like it. And it was cold today, so it would have been like wearing the most glamorous tartan blankie evah :)

The Tote Trove said...

Hmmm. Maybe a delicate yellow blouse? And some red, yellow, pink, and black floral hair accessories?