Saturday, August 27, 2011

Plane Jane

One of the many hobbies I’ve begun and then discarded is flying. I aced ground school, but never found the time to do the actual flying part to get my private pilot’s license. My main hindrance was the lack of free time during daylight hours. (I lived at a lower latitude during this period and didn’t have those long summer days.)

The closest I’ve come is getting to steer when some friends and I chartered a 4-seater plane (with a pilot). I flew us in thrilling, dizzying circles over the Pacific. Then, my friends threatened to throw up.


Blouse, Romeo + Juliet Couture. Skirt, Jack BB Dakota. Belt, thrifted. Shoes, Aerosoles. Earrings, Aldo. Sunglasses, Girl Props. Bag, thrifted. Cuff, Target.

I’ve always thought the next best thing to being a pilot is dating one. Maybe Beefy will take up flying?




Photos by Beefy Muchacho

8 comments:

C said...

I love this and I'm pretty sure that I NEED those earrings. Gorgeous!

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

Really cute outfit. I like all the ruffles. I like your hair too.
I worked at Cessna Aircraft for 37 years. I don't know how to fly, but I sure know a lot of stuff about planes!

Teodora said...

That is one of my favorite outfits of yours.

Teodora

Radhiana said...

cute outfit,,really love them :)

Vanessa said...

I really like this tartan blouse. Every time you wear it, it makes me wish for it!

lonestarcasie said...

I always love this blouse on you. that skirt is super cute too.

The Girl with Everything said...

I love this outfit! The blouse is gorgeous and those glasses make me swoon!

The Tote Trove said...

Adorably retro! And I would never ever have the guts to fly a plane :)