Thursday, August 25, 2011

Light

As summer draws near its steamy close, I continue to be grateful for light, breathable materials like cotton, linen, and straw.


Shirt, Christopher & Banks (thrifted). Skirt, Talbot’s. Shoes, Wild Diva. Bag, Vieta. Hat, Charlotte Russe. Owl brooch (on hat), thrifted. Bangles, Mix It, Target, and Claire’s.

The blue shoes are not light OR breathable. They’re made from horrid, sticky, stiff plastic. I nearly gave up on them the very first time I wore them, but persisted because I love the color. I’ve been on the lookout for a replacement pair for over four years.


I brought back-up slippers for walking to and from the bus and JUMPING!


Feeling light as a feather in my slippers


BCBGeneration ballet flats

8 comments:

em²ile² said...

Oooo, would you mind divulging what style your ballet flats are? I recently moved from Spokane, Washington to the DC area and got rid of my car in the process. As I am now metro-dependent, I have found the need to invest in some quality flats for walking to and from my stops.

Cel said...

I love the big black roses on that skirt. Sticky plastic shoes are no fun, they wind up rubbing my feet raw :(

Kasmira said...

emile - I bought the flats at TJ Maxx. There was no box and there are no markings inside the shoe, so I can't tell you the style. You could try your local TJ Maxx...but I'm not sure how regional their selection is.

Mykki said...

That's a beautiful skirt!

Victoria said...

It's a very interesting outfit. Mixed patterns and mixed colors. It's very NOW.

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Gorgeous skirt and beautiful long-haired black kitty! Do want both : >

Kasmira said...

That's my kitty Sammy! He's a snugglepuss.

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

That is a cool purse. Sammy is quite a nice accessory to your black and white! Your posts always make me smile as they are just so fun.