Thursday, August 04, 2011

Shop for The Drama Workshop

I have two major hobbies: style blogging and theater. I love it when the two happen to collide. Or I conspire to bring them together.

My home theater group, The Drama Workshop, is in the final stages of purchasing its own building. This is a huge undertaking for a non-profit, all-volunteer group. We’re working to fund the purchase price, renovations, and on-going maintenance and utilities. We hope to finance most of this with ticket sales, but it will be a few months before we’ll have the space performance-ready. In the meantime, we are engaging in fund-raising efforts. On Saturday, August 27, we’ll be participating in Macy’s Shop for a Cause.

I’d like to invite WIW2D readers to shop for The Drama Workshop’s cause.

Purchase a $5 pass from TDW and gain access to exclusive Macy’s savings, both online and in the store. The Drama Workshop keeps 100% of the pass purchase price to put towards our building fund and you get 25% off* regular, sale and clearance merchandise.

Cincinnati readers: I would like to shop with you! I’ll be at the Kenwood Towne Center Macy’s on 8/27 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. I will shop with one reader an hour. Email me to sign up: whatiwore2dayblog@gmail.com.

Elsewhere readers: I’ll miss shopping with you, but the savings are available at your local Macy’s and online. I’d love to hear about the deals you score.

Contact Gretchen Gantner (513-470-5516 or GRoose1876@aol.com) or Joe Ward (joe_ward@fuse.net) to purchase a pass and happy shopping!

*Exclusions and restrictions apply. See your shopping pass for details!


A few past tdw productions I’ve played in: Mrs Bob Cratchit’s Wild Christmas Binge, House of Frankenstein, and Comic Potential.

I’m playing Viola in Talley and Son in March and assistant directing The Crucible in April/May, 2012.

5 comments:

paige @modcapecod said...

This is a little off topic, but I've been looking for a local theater to maybe try and audition for. Does the drama workshop do open casting?

Kasmira said...

Paige, TDW's (open) auditions were in July for the 11-12 season, but there are plenty of upcoming auditions with other groups. Check out cinstages.com for audition announcements.

Kasmira said...

Oh, and Beefy wanted me to tell you that no auditions are required to work in a technical capacity on any of our shows. Email me for details.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I participated in musical theater when I was younger..it is so much fun!! Good for you!

Jules said...

So bummed that I live too far to shop with you! I hope you post some pics of the readers you do meet up with (if they agree, naturally). Best of luck to your theater!