Thursday, February 13, 2014

Basic Black Boots

More footwear success! I found a replacement for my black pleather boots (by Rampage). I didn’t spend half a grand on Stuart Weitzman’s Highline. Instead, I bought a pair of super sale Lauren Ralph Lauren boots from Macy’s and applied a $50 gift card.

Dresses, Diane von Furstenberg (consignment) under a NY & Co dress (shortened). Tights, We Love Colors. Boots, Lauren Ralph Lauren. Sunglasses, Target. Scarf, consignment. Bag, Nicole Lee.

It took me a long time to find a black leather (not suede) boot with a tall, slim heel, almond or pointed toe, and tall shaft. I didn’t find any over-the-knee boots that worked. This pair is as tall as could be (17.5” shaft) while still allowing me to comfortably bend at the knee. I also liked that this pair had an ankle strap to cinch in the leather for a custom fit.

New pair (looking a bit brown here, but really black) and old pair:


DressUpNotDown said...

Gosh that scarf is playing nicely with those dresses!

Anonymous said...

Nice boots! Looks like they will be very versatile.


Anonymous said...

You look awesome in boots. I'm your fan!