Thursday, February 13, 2014

Basic Black Boots

More footwear success! I found a replacement for my black pleather boots (by Rampage). I didn’t spend half a grand on Stuart Weitzman’s Highline. Instead, I bought a pair of super sale Lauren Ralph Lauren boots from Macy’s and applied a $50 gift card.


Dresses, Diane von Furstenberg (consignment) under a NY & Co dress (shortened). Tights, We Love Colors. Boots, Lauren Ralph Lauren. Sunglasses, Target. Scarf, consignment. Bag, Nicole Lee.

It took me a long time to find a black leather (not suede) boot with a tall, slim heel, almond or pointed toe, and tall shaft. I didn’t find any over-the-knee boots that worked. This pair is as tall as could be (17.5” shaft) while still allowing me to comfortably bend at the knee. I also liked that this pair had an ankle strap to cinch in the leather for a custom fit.

New pair (looking a bit brown here, but really black) and old pair:


3 comments:

DressUpNotDown said...

Gosh that scarf is playing nicely with those dresses!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Nice boots! Looks like they will be very versatile.

~J

Anonymous said...

You look awesome in boots. I'm your fan!