Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Kennedy Tailing Wheel #4

Despite taking AP History my junior year of high school, I’ve always found the subject dull. Unless we’re talking gold rush history. Maybe it’s the gold. Maybe it’s the rugged scenery. Maybe it’s the drama. I have a growing obsession with ghost towns, mines, and the artifacts of the gold rush.

I visit Jackson, home of the famous Kennedy Mine, every few weeks. Beefy and I have toured the historic downtown, including a peek at the interior of the National Hotel, but today was the first time I managed to also view some of the town’s mining history. I indulged my curiosity with a visit to Kennedy Tailing Wheels Park. Next up: a mine tour!


Jacket, Bebe (consignment). Skirt, Hauber Sporting Life (thrifted). Tights, Apt 9. Shoes, Eileen Fisher (consignment). Sunglasses, Target. Necklace, Stella & Dot. Bag, thrifted.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are always an amazing dresser! Loving that jacket.

Angie said...

You are great inspiration.I like your outfits and your quick brain.The red jacket is a great find.