Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Diane

I’ve been pretty lucky finding second-hand Diane von Furstenburg pieces. There’s the jacket I wore Monday and this dress I wore today. AND, I just found another dress, half-off, at Renaissance (consignment) this morning.


Jacket, thrifted. Dress, Diane von Furstenburg (consignment). Boots, Miz Mooz. Earrings, vintage. Scarf, Frangi. Bag, thrifted.

It isn’t the label I’m snobby about as much as the fabric choices and cut. The jacket is wool and both dresses are silk. The designer does a wonderful job creating garments that flatter the female shape. I know I’ll feel and look good in her pieces. Are you a Diane von Furstenburg fan?

3 comments:

Sheila said...

I haven't seen much from her second-hand, unfortunately. There just aren't any stores in my city that sell her line, so nothing to trickle into the consignment stores.

You've put it perfectly re: not being snobby about brands. I like specific brands because the fabric and fit are so good. It's more of a short-cut when you're shopping, isn't it?

DressUpNotDown said...

I recently thrifted a DFV silk blouse. The tag had been cut leaving only the tops of tallest letters in her signature. I was getting ready to wash it when I said, wait a minute, I think I know what this is! A quick internet search and I confirmed I had a DFV. :o) I had no clue when I bought it, I only knew that the print was fantastic and the fabric silk!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Londyn said...

YES! I just last week purchased my first Diane von Furstenburg dress. I hesitated on it since it was still a bit pricey (even though I found it at TJ Maxx in the designer section), but I splurged and got it and am so glad I did. Fits like a glove, so pretty and comfortable! Will be posting it tomorrow :)