Monday, October 13, 2008

Black and White Monday

Flutter-sleeved sweater, Ann Taylor. Zebra dress, Jones New York. Belt, little boy’s section of some department store. Slingbacks, Audrey Brooke. Watch, Louis Arden.


I was tickled to see that Work With What You’ve Got had a Black and White Monday too! However, she added a splash of color with her bag, while I carried my black and white purse. (I forgot to get a picture of the purse with the outfit today. The link will take you to a close-up, but older, shot of the handbag. I’m also carrying it in one of the below pictures.)

Today’s is my favorite way I’ve worn this dress so far. I like it even better than the ensemble with the pink obi.

12 comments:

Natalee said...

Yes, I like this one!

Milly said...

I like this one.. as well with the pink obi belt

Vickie said...

This is my favorite also, but love the hot pink with it too.

Kelly said...

I feel super dumb. So often I can't find belts small enough to fit my waist to cinch things. Somehow it never occurred to me to raid the children's section!

Nana Erin said...

Great minds INDEED!~

I love this dress. And I think *my* favorite is this and the yellow belt. Both.

LuLu said...

Love your blog!! Very inspiring!

Single Ma said...

Pretty, pretty! This and the pink one is my fave.

Leslie said...

Love this look on you! And Im classic so this black and white is my favorite. Pink is a close 2nd.

The Cocoa Goddess said...

I love the black and white combo - it's classic. What i love about this outfit is the zebra print. it gives the classic combo a real kick! I'm kind of glad you just stuck with the black and white too, instead of punching it with color this time. It's unexpected, so it makes it that much more eye-catching.

Anonymous said...

I'm torn. I love the black and white, and I love the first one with the red necklace, maybe just because you look like you're having so much fun with the dress in that picture. But I love the red and yellow combination - maybe those yellow heels and the red necklace? Far be it from me to give fashion advice, but just an idea. :)

The Olive Creative said...

While I LOVE this dress and I like this combo, what about this combo with the pink obi belt? I'm not completely feeling this belt on this (maybe one a bit wider/color/texture/something). Still a great look, and wonderful way to wear a summer-y dress well into another season. This dress will get your YEARS of wear. I wear my b/w shirt dress with yellow accompaniments, and get lots of compliments.

becca said...

This look is cute. I also like the bright belts on the Zebra print. It's really fun.