Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ponchoriffic

Mini-poncho, To The Max. My favorite dress, Lipstick. Tights, who knows. Lace-up pumps, Isaac Mizrahi for Target. Bracelet, Forever 21.

I like to check out the trends and what’s new as much as anyone else. I dislike, though, lists of what is “out.” On the “hot” and “not” lists, ponchos currently make the “not” column. This surprises me, because capes are so very “hot” right now and what, really, is the difference between a poncho and a cape? Arm slits? The upside of the anti-poncho movement is that I was inspired to dig mine out. I have two others I’ll wear in the next couple weeks. One of which, dun dun DUN, has never been featured on this blog before.



I’ll admit, ponchos under coats are kind of awkward. (Coat by Guess.)

6 comments:

Ben Varkentine said...

That skirt is very '70s...I don't mean that as a good thing or a bad thing, and I know nothing about fashion, but just as an observation...

*Diane* said...

I dig this outfit a lot, and i imagine poncho under the jacket might have been a bit weird..lol

Sheila said...

I love this outfit! The poncho is awesome - boo to the "hot/not" lists!

Mimi said...

I am surprised that ponchos are on the " not" list since I just went to a fashion show with Carson Kressley as the host and the goody bags featured a black poncho !

Love the black trench !!

Katy said...

Those lists are just silly. You look great! What did you do for Halloween?

Milly said...

Nice!!