Friday, October 31, 2008

Copycat

Dress, London Times. Belt, thrifted. Peacock earrings, gift from a fan! Tights, Express. Boots, Nine West. Tiger eye ring, Jan Michaels San Francisco.

For Halloween, I dressed as a copycat! Well, that was my lame attempt to tie my outfit to the holiday.

I have this dress in black and LOVE it. My coworker showed up with the same dress in a lovely turquoise shade. I got mine at Marshall’s and she found hers at TJ Maxx. I went to TJ Maxx that very day (the day of the blogger bash) to look for the dress in blue. I found the dress in my desired color, but not my size, so I passed.

Now, this particular coworker, my friend Erin, is totally cool with me biting her style. She didn’t mind that I’d looked for the dress and even agreed to wear her blue dress the same day as I wore my black so that we could be “dress buddies” (my lame idea) a few weeks ago. In fact, she is SO okay with me copying her that when she recently found the dress at another TJ Maxx, she bought it for me!


12 comments:

bekster said...

I LOVE that color, especially with the color of your hair.

Milly said...

Lovely!

Vickie said...

That was very nice of your friend, the color is great, I think it looks nice on you.

Leslie said...

this color, style, everything looks great on you!!!!

Unknown said...

that story is so charming and makes me ashamed at how annoyed I got when an office mate bought exactly the same skirt I did after I told her where I'd bought it from. your office buddy sounds darling and the dress was worth all that effort. you look amazing.

Chanelle said...

I LOVE IT!!!! It is super cute on you and I wish it was on me.

The Cocoa Goddess said...

Gorgeous color on you!

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

That dress is very flattering on you. You owe your friend a present!

Katy said...

That's sweet of her! :-) I love that dress.

Martha said...

What a gorgeous color on you! Love the earrings too.

myrubyslippers said...

lovely dress! with the tights and brown combi, you look so pretty.

Anonymous said...

It has a Maid Marion kind of look. By that, I mean that I can see you out making mischief with some Merry Men in it. It's very cute!