Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Renovated Weatherbee



My vintage Weatherbee coat is all fixed up and ready to wear this fall! I finally got rid of the pesky dust stains (it had been hanging in a basement for so long that dust had settled and marked the shoulders and collar) with a drycleaning. The lining had also “grown” during storage and hung a full inch below the hem of the coat. This weekend, I folded and stitched it up, while watching an episode of Greatest American Hero. I’m ready to put in into rotation with my Bebe coat and my plain, Casual Corner topper.

Yes, I have a surfeit of outerwear. Just wait till you see the fabulous, vintage winter coat I scored last May! (I’ve been dying to wear it ever since.)

9 comments:

Kim said...

I love the coat, but what I love even more is that you watched The Greatest American Hero. Now the song will be in my head the rest of the day. How did you watch it - dvd? If it exists, I must own it immediately!

Jane said...

Love the coat but the shoes even more.

~Corey said...

Love your coat. I also have a large coat collection. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, I say!

Kasmira said...

psuedokim - I received the boxed set as a gift. You can find it on Amazon...and it comes with a cape!!!

Erica said...

Love the coat...so classic and ladylike.

The Cocoa Goddess said...

The box-set comes with a cape! That's awesome!

Oh, great coat :)

Sheila said...

God, I loved that show when I was a kid...did you see that William Katt had a guest cameo on "Heroes" a few weeks ago?

Love the coat! There is something about vintage outerwear that I love. I have several old coats that I just never get rid of.

Ben Varkentine said...

Ah, yer just a doll.

SHOEGAL said...

There's no such thing as too many coats. I think I have 5 winter ones this year. So far...