Thursday, October 09, 2008

In Search of Blue Booties

Sweater, Takeout. Tee, Charlotte Russe. Jeans, M Denim. Boots, Playhouse. Headband, Target. Kitty cat, Sammy.

I’m off to the library (picking up Momo* to reread) and Target. Although the official release date of the Sigerson Morrison line isn’t until 10/12, the shoes are available online, so I thought I’d see if the blue booties I’ve been lusting after were at my store.


Unfortunately, they were not. Now I’m in a quandary. Do I wait and see if they show up at my store? Do I order them online? Do I check other Target stores in the area? Or should I forget them altogether because they are too trendy?

*If you’ve ever read Momo, I saw the story performed as a modern dance piece by the studio I used to dance with in Okinawa. Because the narration and program were in Japanese, I had no clue (other than hearing the word “Momo” spoken a few times) that I was about to see one of my favorite books interpreted as a dance. By the time the Men in Gray came on, though, I was thrilled to recognize the story. The performance was simply amazing.

9 comments:

Nana Erin said...

OMG. I feel your pain. I agonize over "limited edition" I say order them. Ease the mind, and screw "too trendy".

*I want the studded open toe pumps and the black and blue AH bag. ;)

V said...

I say get them...agree with WWWYG, they're limited edition....get them.

grace said...

I say skip them, they remind me of Prince.

That being said, today's outfit is one of my favorites yet. You should wear jeans more often--they look great! I also really love your sweater and your boots. It's just all around perfect.

KT said...

ORDER 'EM!! You won't be able to get your mind off of them if you don't. And they're "Target trendy," not "Neiman Marcus trendy," so you can afford to have a little fun!

Katy said...

You should totally order them! I don't really see what's so trendy about them - nothing's going to stop you wearing them in 2009, unless they've fallen apart. I love your sweater and cat! ;-)

Erica said...

I agree with the Target trendy comment--even if they are too trendy and you get lots of joy and wear out of them for one season, it's probably worth it for the price. That being said, love your sweater and casual look in general. :)

Kim said...

Strangely enough I just bought a pair of blue booties, though not pointy and cute, but more elf-ish the other day at the thrift store. I wasn't sure about them, but figured, eh - they were five bucks, they fit and I'm trying to up my winter shoe wardrobe. I say go for it!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Mmm I love those boots, I want the black and blue sparkled pair though. I think I'm just going to order them for myself online and tell my husband that's one less gift to get me for Christmas =)

estrella said...

I'd love to see that performance of Momo too!