Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crazy Dancer

Sweater, Juicy Couture (via swap). Tunic, Trinity. Leggings, JW. Boots, Target.

One of the great things about dance class is that you can wear the most random layers and no one will look twice. Well, they might look twice, but the glances will be admiring, not critical. While I lived in Arizona, I danced at a strict studio that required even the adults to wear pink tights, pink shoes, and black leotards. Hair had to be in a bun. We weren’t allowed to wear skirts or shorts over our leotards. No fun at all. At the Cincinnati Ballet classes, I see people in all sorts of random outfits and I’m happy to participate.

(These aren’t exactly dancey photos, but they are certainly random. And the boots came off for class.)


10 comments:

Toni said...

i love every single funny face/pose you made.
i'm laughing so hard right now!
you're so cute!

Katy said...

I agree with toni! Cute in a good way, obvs, not in a condescending way.

Anonymous said...

have you looked into dance studios for your upcoming move to DC?
i grew up as a dancer + taught for a few years...looking to get back into some classes myself!

Kasmira said...

Yeah, I'm a freak.

Evandine, I used to dance at a studio near the Potomac Mills mall, but I don't remember the name. I haven't checked out studios in that area for about 8 years.

Unknown said...

You are absolutely crazy in a great way. Love your blog. :)

Alison said...

You are hysterical. I wish I had the confidence to start dancing again. I love that you have so much. You have inspired me to be more myself, thank you!!

Alison said...

Oops, I looks like I needed to read my post before submitting. I didn't mean to say "I love that you have so much." What I meant was "I love that you have so much CONFIDENCE" HA!!

Chanelle said...

Um, yeah ~ crazy ;)

Unknown said...

Hmm... what did the short haired girls do if they couldn't make a bun??

Unknown said...

Women have a wide selection of maternity workout clothes, from tights, maternity shirts, maternity running wear, maternity leotards and maternity padded bike shorts. There is also special line of maternity tennis wear, so that this activity is not hampered due to pregnancy.