Saturday, October 11, 2008

Stripey Socks

I suppose this is sort of a day-to-night transition.

Jacket, Dex (via swap). Dress, No Boundaries. Boots, Playhouse. Bag, Payless. Socks, Sock Dreams.


I demurely slouched my striped socks so that only a band of gray showed for an afternoon of lunching and shopping. I met Londyn at the Greenup CafĂ© and then we went to the Gap clearance center. It was my first time and I did not like it (the clearance center, not Greenup!) Although it didn’t smell like a thrift store, it looked like one. The set-up reminded me of Goodwill, except that Goodwill’s prices and merchandise are better. It was as crowded as Valley Thrift on a holiday, but, again, the payoff wasn’t there.

I think the Gap’s clothes are boring and Old Navy’s are cheap looking, but was hoping to score a funky Banana Republic piece. I was disappointed. The most interesting thing I found was a short-sleeved, navy blazer, by BR. However, it was missing all of its buttons and was still $30. I did buy a BR belt for $5, but considered it more of a consolation prize than a score. Londyn did a little better.

I erased the afternoon’s disappointment with a nap and a bout of housecleaning. By the time I headed to College Hill Coffee Company for some internet time, I was feeling downright perky. I disregarded the suspicion that I’m far too old for knee socks and put my stripey socks on display. CHCC is a funky kind of place and I was in a funky kind of mood.

12 comments:

Rural Felicity said...

Sorry about the disappointing day but LOVE the stripey socks. They work for you! :)

Julie S said...

The socks look awesome! I've been eying Sock Dreams for quite some time, but hesitated to buy since I couldn't think of a way to wear them outside of my house. You rock those socks. :)

Unknown said...

Those socks are uber cute. Also love that jacket with the skull buttons.

LJ said...

Love the socks!

Anonymous said...

Yep, love the socks! :)

The Cocoa Goddess said...

The socks get some air time! Love the look with the boots.

Stacy said...

Those socks look sooo cute with that dress! Did you happen to find those socks online? I have been having problems finding cute knee socks locally then when i finally found some they wont stay up!Bad quality I guess...any pointers where to find cute ones that will stay up online?
Thanks!

Kasmira said...

Stacy - I haven't had that problem. Maybe I just have very curvy calves? I orderd this pair and another from sock dreams. The bottom of the foot says "STM." I think that might be a brand name. I also have some from Forever 21, and they stay up too. Like I said, it must be my anatomy.

ebinbaby said...

The stripy socks and boots make me yearn for long lean legs... I adore that look!

Sheila said...

So disappointing when a store just isn't what you hope it would be. My friend and I just went to H&M in Vancouver, and were SO bummed by the lack of quality pieces. We ended up finding much higher quality clothes on sale racks in the boutiques.

You look great - the socks are a nice quirky accent.

stylelicious said...

You totally know how to rock so many looks...I love it! When you get a chance, please feel free to drop by my blog for inexpensive fashion inspired by designer trend looks and let me know what you think. And thanks again for the incredible fashion inspiration love!

xoxo,
Style/Lish/Grl
http://stylelishgrl.blogspot.com

IrieDiva said...

those socks are TOO cute wit that whole look!

i wish we cud wear boots in jamaica!