Monday, October 06, 2008

Gravy

Dress, vintage (via swap). Belt, The Limited. Fishnet tights, Simply Vera by Vera Wang. Peeptoes, Charles David. Earrings, Meijer. Clutch, Apt 9.

I got this dress from a swap. I thought it was a great trade! I sent off a backpack and got this dress in return. I have to thank my friend Karen for teaching me the blind hemstitch so I could properly hem the dress after I hacked a few inches off.

I know I wore gray and navy last Monday, but I really like the combination. I call it “gravy.”

11 comments:

Jessica said...

That dress is super cute. I have no vision. I would have taken one look at it and passed. But seeing what you've done with it, I would have missed out.

estrella said...

I'm with Jessi, I could've not imagine how nice it could be!
I like the "gravy" combination too, I should wear it more often...

e said...

Love love love this look. The dress is nice but I think you made it great.

WendyB said...

Great swap!

Erica said...

Agreed with all above! And love the pop of yellow.

myrubyslippers said...

you look like a chic secretary. thumbs up for "gravy" :)

Unknown said...

Totally agree with the other posters. I would have never seen the potential. You have a great eye!

Londyn said...

I'm in love with that dress! Fits you beautifully.

John said...

always amaze you do.

kiran said...

totally non-fashion relate- but i love your print of 'the kiss' :) its one of my favorite paintings!

kct said...

Very Sexy!