Tuesday, March 24, 2009

PUYV: Navy & White "Soft"

Dress, Merona (shortened). Belt, The Limited. Pumps, Oh Deer. Watch, Louis Arden. Headband, Forever 21. Cami, Charlotte Russe. Bag, Tommy Hilfiger.


Accent colors: purple, kelly green, citron, and fuchsia.


In Style’s “soft” navy and white example

From what I gathered in the In Style Pump Up Your Volume article, the “soft” outfit for each neutral mix consists of the two neutral colors plus a dash of the accent color. The “medium” examples are about a 50/50 split between the neutrals and accents and the “all-out” relegates the neutrals to accent status. It’s a neat approach for someone trying to incorporate more color into their wardrobe.

Today, I’ve used just the smallest bit of purple, in my hair and at the neckline. Such restraint is entirely unlike me. And I never would have thought to accent navy with purple before seeing the inspiration outfit.

No watch here because I didn't think to add it until I took the final picture

Previous Navy & White looks accented with a touch of fuchsia, instead of purple:

11 comments:

Stephanie N. said...

Wow. You look great. The purple accents really work.

Kristen said...

i LOVE those shoes.

Vaia said...

You look beautiful! Love the navy and purple!

Unknown said...

Yeah, this outfit is really nice. That shade of purple goes so well with the navy. Love the headband.

Alison said...

Very cute. I loved the article and I will be incorporating it a ton. Looking forward to seeing more of your interpretations.

The Olive Creative said...

Where did you get the belt?

Kasmira said...

Oops - sorry! The belt is from The Limited, last year.

wendeeB said...

I like the dress length. Great outfit.

Saranjei said...

Good choice on the background, I really believe the effect would have been lost with the yellow wall.

Love your blog!!!

Cyn said...

The purple works surprisingly well. Really, your risks rarely fail. Also, that dress looks great hemmed. I have the same dress in black and in navy (both solid) and I never wear them because they're so long. I'm definitely getting crafty this weekend.

Thanks for the posts- I usually lurk, but I always enjoy your blog!

Unknown said...

fantastic dress!