Saturday, March 21, 2009

Boyfriend Blazer

Jacket, borrowed. Embellished tee, Express (thrifted). Tank, Merona. Jeans, Express. Booties, Sigerson Morrison for Target. Bracelet, Urban Outfitters. Earrings, Claire’s.


I started wearing this jacket in October, but I guess the boyfriend blazer has just come back into mainstream fashion. (I don’t claim to be ahead of the fashion curve; I probably pinched the idea from Wardrobe Remix. Those girls are fashion forward.) Check out You Look Fab’s posting on the return of the boyfriend blazer. Is it something you’d wear?


This actually IS a boy’s blazer, but it certainly isn’t my husband’s (as Sheila asked). I stole it from New Gate Celtic Theater Company.

13 comments:

Maryissewfast said...

I never stopped wearing the boyfriend blazer, but then again, I wear what I like and what I think looks good!

Glamour-Och-Fläskpannkaka said...

lovely outfit and boots!

Vildy said...

That's one of the only embellished tee shirts I have ever seen that I've liked.

Tina said...

Are the boots comfortable? The only shoes I tried on from that line pinched so much that I couldn't stand it. And I def beleive in putting up with a little pain for some cute shoes!

Sheila said...

Awesome look (love the blue booties)! I used to steal my dad's old suit jackets back in 1984-7. I'm sure they looked a lot worse, in retrospect, ha!

Kasmira said...

Tina - they are "okay" comfortable. They run a little wide, so my feet slip toward the toes. After a long wearing, I have experienced some discomfort where the strap wraps around the top of the foot. (See this pic: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/2929366366_d67bddde72.jpg)

Adele said...

Oh I would DEFINITELY wear this! I love blazers...I have a plum coloured corduroy one which I adore...and it's thrifted too! :-)

Elise said...

I also love blazers. This one looks fantastic over that top the embroidery is just gorgeous!

Elizabeth Victoria Clark said...

cool outfit!
xo

Trace said...

I love that blazer! Boyfriend-ish but still fitted and feminine. The whole outfit is perfect!

KarenMDV said...

Boy blazers are back? Yay! I love 'em. I think its the pockets. Men's wear, pockets. Women's wear, not so much. I really like the t-shirt. Great outfit!

Unknown said...

I like the idea of the boy blazer I think more so than the boyfriend blazer. This one to me looks kind of dumpy on. Maybe it's supposed to have that lose swingy vibe though. For myself I prefer the shrunken little boy blazer better.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.