Sunday, March 08, 2009

Bittersweet

Jacket, Dex (swap). Tee, Gap (overdyed by me). Tank, No Boundaries. Skirt, L.E.I. (thrifted). Boots, Playhouse. Necklace, Urban Outfitters. Sunnies, Hawaiian Tropic.

I didn’t like this outfit so much. I think cowboy boots are better paired with a shorter, fuller skirt. But, I wanted to show you the color of this tee. I overdyed it following the Rit instructions for custom creating a mustardy color (Bittersweet). Even accounting for color distortion by my camera and your monitor, you can see the result is orange, not yellow-brown. Lesson: if you’re overdyeing a favorite garment, test the formula on something less critical first.

(It turns out the I LOVE this orange color on the tee, but not on the skirt that accompanied it into the dye bath.)

6 comments:

dodo said...

I think the color of these outfits kinda make ur skin look washed out.

Kasmira said...

I AM pale!

And....no makeup here.

Anonymous said...

Those boots are killer!

Cassie said...

Did you a tablespoon or a teaspoon of the scarlet?

Kasmira said...

I used a tablespoon. Maybe the directions SHOULD have read a teaspoon?

Cassie said...

You've got me obsessed with over dying and I was looking at the "recipe" instructions and I found the color that looks a lot like the one that actually came out, and it was a just like the bittersweet recipe but with a difference of a teaspoon of scarlet, you may want to let them know that the two may be opposite, because although I can't possibly think of a color that would look bad on you, but I agree that bittersweet would have been a little bit better :)