Sunday, March 29, 2009

PUYV: Khaki & Olive "Soft"

Dress, Mossimo (swap). Jacket, Dex (swap). Sweater, Body Central. Boots, Diba. Earrings, Target.


Accent colors: pumpkin, pine, saffron, and wine.


In Style’s “soft” khaki and olive example

I’ll admit: I’m no stranger to khaki and olive.


If we “accented” our khaki and olive, though, it was with blood red

Nowadays when I wear camo, I wear it in only the most ironic manner. I’ve only recently acquired a few olive colored items: this jacket and the matching skirt. (Oh, and I can’t forget the olive uniform skirt that I now wear to work.) Khaki has fewer military associations for me.

Previous Khaki & Olive “soft” looks:

As you can see in the left photo, the much maligned yellow hallway was once orange or, as I christened it, “pumpkin puke.”

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

who on earth is that person in the army fatigues with the blond hair? ;)
id especially like to see you rock the gasmask in your daily wardrobe!

Rosie Unknown said...

I love those boots!

Katy said...

Oh wow, I love your earrings! Would you mine showing us a close-up?

KarenMDV said...

I would like to see a civilian fashion statement involving a gas mask, too! I love the "thumbs up" :-)

Unknown said...

You look great in Camo, I'm not sure I could pull it off though. I am searching for more citrus colors for my wardrobe, inspired by your posts :-)

Kasmira said...

KD - this following link is a sort of close up of the earrings. I'll have to take a better shot:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3099/2550200761_f0b81babd4.jpg

Amy said...

I found your blog and think you are a crack up! you've got style and spunk! that show "what not to wear" makes me nauseated because the hostess looks like vampira...you should be running the show! keep up the good work!

Nana Erin said...

I feel so dumb in cammo, but I always think it’s super cheeky and cute on your, given your background of actually wearing it as a uniform in service.