Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Remembering Summer

I have trouble incorporating turquoise stones into my winter ensembles. They just seems to scream “SUMMER!” to me. Or at least strongly suggest “S-p-r-i-n-g.”


Sweater, Banana Republic (thrifted and gifted). Skirt, Thailand. Necklace, Serket Jewelry. Bracelets, swap and thrift. Boots, Nine West.

Today, I’m glad for a reminder of warmer times. It’s another cold, wet day in Cincinnati. I’m doing my best to beat the winter blues with summery turquoise, bright red lipstick, and lots of coffee.


12 comments:

Ki said...

I adore your skirt! Reminds me of a sari!

Beefy Muchacho said...

Wanna go to The Red Iguana for dinner tonight? It may be a bit of a drive, so we should probably leave now.

Kasmira said...

Beefy- I could definitely go for some of that mole sauce!

Anonymous said...

You're the best "What not not to wear" dresser! Stacy and Clinton have nothing! You surely inspiring me to see my wardrobe in a new fashion. Thank you so much for sharing ;))

Awake_in_Seattle

...bill said...

I put fresh lime in my green tea at work today. HR lady said that made it seem 'kind of like summer.'
exactly.

punzel said...

Red and turquoise are one of my favourite colour combos.

Radhiana said...

love your mix and match

Radhiana said...

love the skirt :)

Anonymous said...

Kasmira, I couldn't help noticing your mug. Have you eaten at the Red Iguana? It's our favorite place here in Utah.

Hill.

Kasmira said...

Hill - we ate at the Red Iguana when we drove my piano across the country:

http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2010/10/great-piano-trip.html

(We were in Utah on the Thursday of the trip.)

Mrs.M in MI said...

I don't think this is quite up your alley, but I've found that the only way my chunky turquoise necklace feels right in the winter is in a Ralph Lauren, New-York-black meets western kind of way. This usually means wearing it with a black turtleneck and a denim jacket.

Dawn said...

You are just so stylish and full of good energy in your photos. I found you at Debbie's blog. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo