Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Take It Down a Notch

Today’s Everybody Everywear Black and White was a good chance for me to take things down a notch. Fewer colors, fewer patterns, fewer layers.


Jacket, Heart, Moon, Stars (altered). Dress, Melton. Tights, Urban Outfitters. Boots, Rampage. Spiky bracelet, Serket Jewelry. Studded cuff, Hot Topic. Sunglasses, Girl Props.

(I still managed to sneak a pattern mix in there, though.)



I also took this jacket “down a notch.” Originally, it had two hook-and-eye closures at the bust. I always thought that the placement was unflattering and uncomfortable (I couldn’t raise my arms). A while back, I removed the upper hook to give myself a little more breathing room. Recently, I took another look at the jacket and realized it would make much more sense if the closure were at the empire waist seam. So, I moved the remaining hook down two inches. Perfect!


2008, 2010, 2012 progress of the hook(s) and eye(s).
Now I can move my arms!

And an outtake to knock my ego down a notch or two:


Nice face, huh?

Black + White | Everybody, Everywear

Photos by Beefy Muchacho

7 comments:

Cel said...

You're adorable. :P That's such an awesome jacket!

elena said...

I love your blog so much!!!

Check also http://www.crazy-elle.blogspot.com/

xoxo

Megan G said...

Even down to black and white, this outfit is so essentially you. I adore your bracelet stack and that fabulous bag. Good idea on the jacket. I think it hits you at a better spot than the earliest picture.

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! That jacket kinda looks "french" Prints like that are huge in french inspired home decor now.

Anonymous said...

You are pulling this outfit off like crazy!! my favorite is how you introduced a little "edge" with the rockstar bracelets. I also love all the textures that make it a winter outfit. One of my faves. :) ~LBF

Thessa said...

Nothing wrong with a little pattern matching! <3 this :).

<a href="http://tolookforstyle.blogspot.com>to look for: Style</a>

Lindsay Living said...

That is such an eye catching handbag! How charming. Plus I love your red lipstick :)