Sunday, January 29, 2012

Soldiering On

Because of my jam-packed schedule, I’ve had to get creative about when and where I get things done. On weeknights, I arrive at rehearsal (in a hospital fitness center) an hour early to practice singing. I found a somewhat isolated stairwell in which to sing. Mostly, no one can hear me, but one of the aerobics rooms shares a wall with the stairway and I can sometimes hear the instructor and the music. If I can hear her, then she can probably hear me practicing “Take Me With You, Soldier Boy.”


Jacket, H&M (thrifted). Dress, MNG by Mango. Jeggings, Mossimo. Boots, Matisse. Bag, H&M. Earrings, Epcot Mexico. Sunglasses, Xhilaration.

Today, I’m at the hospital again (after running 13 miles, this morning). Between an organizational meeting for The Crucible (I’m the assistant director) and my rehearsal for Talley & Son, I managed to grab take-out for myself and Beefy and also to sneak behind the hospital for some self-portraits. No singing today, but I felt like I was dressed just right for "Soldier Boy."



I've only got to make it through a little over three more months of this crazy schedule and then I'm taking a breather!

8 comments:

Clothes Karma said...

Are you training for another marathon? Those posts from last year were some of my favorites. I'm hoping to run a half this fall, so please keep the inspiration coming!

Kasmira said...

I'm training for a second full marathon. I'll think on how to incorporate some of my training into this blog. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed last year's posts.

Mykki said...

I love the jacket!

Sheila said...

Great styling of the skirt over jeans!

Don't wear yourself out, Kasmira! But that's awesome that you're doing another marathon.

Lola said...

Tres chic!

Keely said...

Cute! You've got a one up on our fashion challenge day 6: dress over pants!

Anonymous said...

Love your sunglasses - you always look fantastic :)

Londyn said...

Different from your normal look, but you are rockin it!