Sunday, August 19, 2012

Desert Orange

I wish we could have stayed in Colorado/Manitou Springs a little longer after the race. On Saturday, I really wanted to see the cliff dwellings, but, by the time I was fed and showered, it was too late in the day. On Sunday, we at least got to walk into Garden of the Gods before heading back to Denver.


Dress, Bar III. Bag, Nine West. Moccasins, Minnetonka. Sunglasses, Betsey Johnson. Earrings, Green Mountain. Necklace, heirloom. Bracelets, Charming Charlie and Garden of the Gods gift shop (March 2010). Rings, gift, vintage, heirloom, and PuzzrollRings

Next year, I will plan time for the cliff dwellings, the Cave of the Winds, and a long tour of Garden of the Gods.




Photos by Beefy Muchacho Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 35 mm 1:1.8G lens and the wide angle lens.

7 comments:

Sheila said...

I love all your turquoise jewelry!

Erin said...

I was just recently in Colorado for vacation at the end of June. We had a whole week there, and it didn't seem like enough time to get everything in! We also visited Garden of the Gods, but we got a chance to do Cave of the Winds and the Manitou Incline (that thing kicked our butts). It is such a beautiful area! Congrats on your ascent!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love the Garden of the Gods! Did you guys go to the arcade in Manitou? My kiddos love going there when we go on vacation! How about Adam's Mountain Cafe for breakfast?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your great race time - I love the Garden of the Gods, am going horseback riding through there next week! Linda

Kasmira said...

I didn't get to visit downtown Manitou at all this time. I was especially bummed because my fave soap store of all time us there.

C said...

nice mix of turquoise and coral bracelets

houseproud said...

The cliff dwellings in Manitou Springs are replicas, and kind of chintzy. I used to live in the area, and was not impressed when I visited.