Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Swing Your Partner

I’ve now owned this polka-dot skirt for five years. When I found it at the thrift store, I knew that the mid-calf length skirt would be quite flattering if hemmed above the knee. My sewing skills were (are) still rudimentary, so the hem came out puckered and a bit wonky. Some eyelet trim concealed my mistakes.


Shirt, Christopher & Banks (thrifted). Skirt, Side x Side (thrifted, shortened, and embellished). Shoes, Nine West. Belt, The Limited. Bag, Charming Charlie. Bracelets, Target, Claire’s, and Mixit. Rings, gift and vintage. Necklace, Serket Jewelry.



I call it my “square dance skirt” because, with the addition of a fluffy crinoline, I think it would look quite at home do-se-do-ing. Since I haven’t square danced since elementary school (where I greeted the activity with absolute horror), I just wear it to work, instead.

5 comments:

Lorena said...

I see that you have worn this skirt at least 16 times in 5 years - do you know or have an average of how many times you wear items a year ?
Are there years when an item in your closet just does nt get worn ?

Kasmira said...

I don't have a formal record of how often I wear things. I'd say this skirt is one of my lesser worn items. There have been long periods when I neglected it completely. And I tend to only wear it in spring and summer. Every item is so different!

Megan G said...

Glad you rescued this skirt. I've tried to do this same thing a few times but my luck hasn't always worked out. Hemming skirts is a little harder than hemming pants. I've done it, but I've also ruined a few things too.

angel-fashion said...

stunning,love it,love it…the fashion is just so awesome,love the images…love your blog xo

LauraA said...

I have always loved this skirt whenever it shows up on your blog, but didn't notice until this post that it has a polka dot pattern! Just another reason to love it.