Wednesday, September 19, 2012

No Sweat Sweater

“Sweater” is a pretty gross name for a non-athletic garment. Generally, I try NOT to sweat in my clothes, especially the cozy knits. Should I be faux-British and call this a jumper dress instead of a sweater dress?


Sweater dress, Wet Seal (thrifted). Tee, Forever 21. Leggings, Mossimo. Boots, Vince Camuto. Scarf, Claire’s. Earrings, Green Mountain. Rings, gift and Puzzrollrings. Bag, Go Jane.



Are there any clothing names you dislike? Personally, I’m also not a fan of “turtleneck” or “panties.”

10 comments:

C Lo said...

knitted dress?

Mykki said...

I don't like the term cowl-neck. It makes me think of someone scowling at me, lol!

I love your outfit though - all the colors look so nice together and I bet it was super comfy to wear!

Jenny said...

"panties" and "dicky" bug me, as do the new names for old trends ("skinny jeans" for instance). I love what you've got on!

Anonymous said...

Thong for flip flop or underwear and g-string isn't any better.

I also can't stand the word loafer bcz I visualize lazy fat man : )

BTW, is that a knit tunic you're wearing?

Sheila said...

I prefer the more formal "trousers" over "pants."

A jumper is what I think of as a dress that you wear with a shirt underneath (sort of a tank shape).

That's a really cute sweater - I like how you've used your leopard tights as a neutral!

Kasmira said...

"Knitted tunic" is my best alternative to "Sweater tunic (or dress)" so far!

Ruth said...

Just found your blog. That dress... not jumper... is fabulous on you... around my area the thrifting places are sooo expensive and there's nothing good in them and consignments are unheard of. Lucky you. You're brave as a petite woman to carry such large bags, I always feel swamped but should get over it.

Jeannie said...

The term slacks always makes me think of bad 1970's polyester! I always poke fun at my mom when she says slacks instead of pants!

Melissa said...

Maxi dress.

jpsandswish said...

The word "panties" makes my skin crawl, but I'm okay with "underwear"...I really like your green sweater dress...what a lucky find!!! I obsessively hoard sweater dresses :)