Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Vista Point

How often do you pull over at the “Vista Points” along the highway? So often, I’m in a hurry or I just got on the road or I’m almost there or I am looking for food, not a view, and I pass on by.

I stopped at the view point north of the Benicia-Martinez bridge, hoping it would be suitable for outfit photos, and the scene made me giddy. I expected a view of the factories along the water, but I didn’t anticipate the mothball fleet anchored in the bay. This was a grand vista of rolling, golden hills surrounding shimmering water dotted with majestic battleships. The mostly cloudy sky permitted a few breaks for spotlights of sun to highlight portions of the scene. How could I not take my self-portraits here?


Jacket, H&M (thrifted). Dress, Mossimo. Shirt, Old Navy. Tights, Hue. Boots, Miz Mooz. Sunglasses, Target. Necklace, thrifted. Bag, Fossil (gift)

Unfortunately, my photos captured the grandeur of my outfit, rather than the grandeur of the scene. I’ll bring my wide angle lens along next time I have to drive to San Ramon.


3 comments:

Lindy B said...

I'm first, never happened before!

I just wanted to ask where your promised post of your engagement rings is? Have I missed it?

I love those tights - I love the fact that they change mid thigh!

Kasmira said...

You didn't miss it! I have yet to draft it. Maybe this weekend would be a good goal for me. Sorry for the wait!

Anonymous said...

Fab - I've also been hoping I hadn't missed it - I want to see the rings :-)