Monday, February 05, 2007

Cream, V-neck sweater, American Rag. Cream cami, Cuddle Duds. Blue and green plaid skirt with asymmetrical hemline, Jones New York Country (thrifted). Brown boots, Nine West. Brown corset belt, Newport News. Brown and gold necklace, Target.

I found this “brand-new with tags” skirt at Valley Thrift for just $5 last week! I love the asymmetrical hemline; it looks like I just wrapped a horse blanket around myself.

My first inclination was to wear the skirt with a black top and boots (as I did my other long plaid skirt), but the word “Country” on the label put me in a more rustic frame of mind. Pairing the skirt with a cream sweater and brown accents highlights the gorgeous plaid and fun hemline. I just wish it wasn’t so cold so that I could have posed outdoors to complete the country look.

I’m still unsure as to whether I liked the brown belt over the sweater. Without the belt, the long sweater gave me a low waistline and stumpy legs. With the belt, my middle looked chunky and my chest flat. (It was difficult to take a picture that I didn’t consider “fat looking.”)

No comments: