Monday, May 09, 2016

Mohawkin' in the USA

I got a haircut. It isn’t a style for the faint of heart.


Shirt, Mossimo. Skirt, Chaus Jeanswear (thrifted). Shoes, Seychelles. Sunglasses, Marc Jacobs. Earrings, vintage. Bag, SheBoBo.

From the right, you almost can’t tell that I’ve had half my hair shaved off.


My stylist warned me about sunburn on my naked head, but she did not mention that I’d be extra vulnerable to mosquitoes. Thankfully, I wore a thick, stretchy headband for a Mothers Day hike with my fur babies:


I gotta be honest, this haircut is taking some getting used to! One of my hair idols from way back when (5 or so years old) is Lieutenant Ilia in Star Trek: The Motion Picture (the first Star Trek movie). She was completely bald. I'm not there, yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That indeed is not a style for the faint of heart, but you are not faint of heart. I think it looks great on you!!

Still loving those shoes too!

~J

Lorena said...

Wow K! You're so daring !

Sheila said...

That's a gutsy move! I did the large shaved section last year and it felt like I was prepping for surgery (a lobotomy, naturally, ha!). I ended up combing my unshaved side over it, and growing it out. I wasn't ready for it.

You look lovely! :)